For about the first six years, the economy was fine. A little over one year ago:
- Consumer confidence stood at a 2½ year high
- Regular gasoline sold for $2.19 a gallon
- The unemployment rate was 4.5%
- The DOW JONES hit a record high: 14,000+
- American's were buying new cars, taking cruises, vacations overseas, living large!
Americans wanted 'CHANGE'!
So, in 2006 they voted in a DemocraticCongress and yes--we got 'CHANGE' all right.
In the PAST YEAR:
- Consumer confidence has plummeted
- Gasoline is now close to $4 a gallon
- Unemployment is up over 5.5% (a 10% increase)
- Americans have seen their home equity drop by $12 TRILLION DOLLARS and prices are still dropping
- 1% of American homes are in foreclosure.
- Banks are failing
- And as I write, stocks are probing another low
$2.5 TRILLION DOLLARS HAS EVAPORATEDFROM THEIR STOCKS, BONDS & MUTUAL FUNDS INVESTMENT PORTFOLIOS!
YES, IN 2006 AMERICA VOTED FOR CHANGE...AND WE SURE GOT IT!
KEY POINT: THE PRESIDENT HAS NO CONTROL OVER ANY OF THESE ISSUES, ONLY CONGRESS DOES.
WHAT HAS CONGRESS DONE IN THE LAST TWO YEARS TO PREVENT THIS?
NOW THE DEMOCRATIC CANDIDATE FOR PRESIDENT, ALONG WITH A DEMOCRATIC CONGRESS, CLAIMS HE IS GOING TO "REALLY GIVE US CHANGE!"
HOW MUCH MORE 'CHANGE' DO YOU THINK YOU CAN STAND?